GIDEON WELLES UKULELE
Welcome to the Gideon Welles ukulele class for 2019! I think you're all doing very well already, and I hope you can find the time to practice at home.
JOKE OF THE WEEK:
What's the difference between a ukulele and a trampoline?
Ans: You remove your shoes before you jump on a trampoline.
If you cannot tune the ukulele by yourself, or with the help of your family, please bring the instrument in to Mrs. Grant. She will help you.
The following songs are the ones we're working on at the moment. If you want to play along with a slow version, click on the word "slow".
- Are You Sleeping? * s    BAR-this is a 1 chord song
- He's Got the Whole World C * s (slow)    BAR-2 chord song in the key of C
- McDonald's C * s (slow)    BAR- 2 chord, key of C
- You Are My Sunshine C-slow * s   BAR
DON'T FORGET: For those of you who are borrowing ukuleles, you need to purchase a ukulele. If your parents have questions, please have them call me.
POINTS TO REMEMBER!
- Keep your left thumb low in back of the neck.
- Strum over the fingerboard, not over the sound hole.
- Cut fingernails of the left hand short.
- Hold the ukulele so that the end hits your right inner biceps muscle and your forearm crosses the uke's lower right.
- Practice your strumming away from the ukulele, for example, in the car, on your seat belt.
- Practice chord changes when you can, for example, during a television program, or at least during the commercials.
Dr. Uke (AKA Dr. Rosokoff)
Contact Dr. Uke